Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rejuvenated

CampVision, the camp just wrapped on 27 June 2010 (Sun) at Camp Christine. More than 80 at-risk youths and 40 volunteers came together for 3 full days, to give, to learn, to share and to bond.

It was in short, an incredible experience. I was amazed that it could still be so powerful and real for me, after 5 years being in CampVision. I didn't realise that I could still surprise myself, and I was blown away by the authenticity, passion and trust of the camp. It felt just like my first year, when all the emotions were raw, larger-than-life and intense.

Suan, our chairwoman, described it numerous times as being a "magical journey" in the lead-up to the camp. Indeed, I felt the magic for myself, and really reconnected with CampVision during those 3 days. I learnt so much, and realised that we really gain as much as we give. The more we pour our heart and soul into something, the more we reap the rewards. Seeing the youths being initially shy on the first day, to stepping forward to risk and opening up on the second and third days, is one of the greatest gifts. It moves me beyond words to see them daring to recognise their potential, and daring to risk. I am inspired by them, and I was inspired to take my own risks too.

Now another journey will begin for me, me and a number of volunteers who will join me in the experience... to plan and make Expedition Agape 2010 happen for the youths. I'm scared, uncertain. But I also believe. I believe in the power and magic of dreams, and I'm so excited to see the brilliant colours unfold over the next few months.

Our 1st expedition committee meeting: 18th July 2010 (Sunday), 12 noon to 2pm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment